Our society is completely immersed in cell phone usage. Everywhere you go, there are people on their phones, texting, surfing and talking. Question is, are cell phones helping or hurting us?
- helps us communicate faster
- helps us with everyday tasks (calculator, reminders and lists)
- helps us access information easier
- good for emergencies
- helpful for photographs
- may cause cancer
- reduces social interactions
- distracts us
- devalues human interaction
There is no doubt that cell phones have a variety of advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I think the best way to keep ourselves from getting tunnel vision, is using cell phones only when you really have to, then when we are with someone, we will actually spend time with them.
What do you guys think? Is cell phone usage too out of control or is it justified? Please feel free to comment.